- 1 WEUC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2020/2021
WEUC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2020/2021
WEUC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2020/2021- This article contains full details on WEUC Admission requirements for 2020/2021 academic session, Students have been searching for this and we thought it was right time we publish this and end all confusion on WEUC Admission Requirements for 2020/2021.
For admission into programmes of study at the West End University College, WEUC for any first degree or second degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
WEST END UNIVERSITY COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE – WEUC ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Entry requirements for a Undergraduate degree Programme
Students seeking admission to the Bachelor’s Degree Programme of the West End University College, WEUC must possess any of the following requirements to be considered for admission:
The general requirement for admission of WASSCE, SSSCE and GBCE candidates to first degree programmes are:
- Three (3) credit passes in three core subject an three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Credit Passes (A-D) in six subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language, and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Candidates
- Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one pass should be grade D or better).
- Also the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject. (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for science students).
Admission for Higher National Diploma (HND) Candidates to First Degree Programmes.
- Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification work experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
- Applicants with HND in First and second Class-upper divisions may be placed in the 3rd year (Level 300) while those with 2nd Class lower division will be placed in the 2nd year (Level 200) of the program.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Candidates
- Full Diploma certificate in ABCE. Also applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). ABCE Candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
Mature Students’ Entry
- Mature Applicants must satisfy the following requirements for admission into the BBA programme:
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 25 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must pass an entrance examination conducted by the West End University College under supervision of mentor institution, Cape Coast University.
- In lieu of such examinations, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC aegis)