UNN Postgraduate Form 2020: The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 academic session is still on sale. See how to apply and other vital information below.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka offers programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Master’s and Doctorate degrees in various Faculties and in the areas specified under each Department/Institute/Centre for the incoming 2020/2021 session.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates for admission into UNN Postgraduate Programmes.
LATEST UPDATE: This is to inform the general public that the Postgraduate Admissions Computer Based Screening Test earlier scheduled to take place on 17th and 18th July, 2020 has been postpone until further notice.
We also wish to inform suitably qualified candidates that the sale of application forms for the 2020/2021 postgraduate admissions in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka is still on until further notice.
Prospective postgraduate students should apply for admission online following the Method of Application specified in the postgraduate programmes advert published earlier this year.
GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must have obtained 5 credits at not more than two sittings in WASC or GCE or NECO or NABTEB including English Language. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
- For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
DURATION OF UNN POSTGRADUATE COURSES
- Postgraduate Diploma (Regular) – Two semesters
- Postgraduate Diploma (Sandwich) – Three Long Vacations
- Master’s degree (Regular) :
- A minimum of 3 semesters for full-time and 5 Semesters for part-time in all Departments/Faculties except for the Departments/Faculties listed in c (ii) below.
- A minimum of 4 semesters for Full-time and 6 semesters for part-time for the following Departments/Faculties: Sociology, Psychology, Public Administration and Local Government (PALG), Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, Education and Business Administration.
- Ed. (Sandwich) – three long vacations.
- D. degree Programme –A minimum of six semester for full time and eight semesters for part time in all Faculties except Agriculture which is four semesters for full time and six semesters for part time. (Ph.D. is not run as a Sandwich programme).
Candidates are expected to complete their programmes at the minimum duration but not to exceed the maximum.(See Postgraduate Regulations).
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR UNN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION
Application Forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee of N26,700 (Twenty Six thousand Seven Hundred naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account, at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
Applicants should log on to unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
When completing the application form, the candidates shall supply the e-mail addresses of their referees through which a link will be sent to the referees with request to complete the Report Form in respect of the candidate and submit online.
Candidates should download transcript request forms (D2) also provided online, and submit to their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than
15th April, 2020. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School shall not have their application forms processed.
All information required would be completed online except the transcript. Copies of qualifying certificates/statement of result and NYSC discharge certificate (Exemption or Exclusion Certificate) are to be attached. Note that To Whom It May Concern shall not be accepted in lieu of the certificates specified above.
Application starts from Monday, 9th March, 2020 and closes on
Wednesday, 22nd April, 2020. Application form available till further notice.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL UNN POSTGRADUATE APPLICANTS
- All applicants will undergo computer based postgraduate admission screening.
- Check out for information on screening processes via the UNN Website unn.edu.ng from, 1st July, 2020, for your further necessary action.
- Date for the Postgraduate Admission Screening:
17th and 18th July, 2020To Be announced later.
- NOTE: For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must have published at least an article from his/her Ph.D thesis in a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.
- Plagiarism test shall be run on Master’s Project Report and Ph.D Thesis before they can be approved.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.