This is to sound a notice to the general public that the prestigious University of Nigeria (UNN) has release her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark. Notice on the just released UNN departmental cutoff marks was made via the university’s official website at www.unn.edu.ng.
On this note, i enjoin every student who took part in the just concluded UNN post UTME screening to check the cutoff marks listed in this page for their courses.
For those who do not actually know what UNN cut off mark is all about; it is a minimum score fixed by the authorities of UNN for admitting students into her faculties. Thus, if you are not able to meet up to the cut off mark by UNN for the year, then you have a slim chance of getting admitted into the university.
- 1 Is UNN cutoff mark for 2020/2021 out?
- 2 UNN JAMB cutoff mark
- 3 UNN DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
- 3.1 FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- 3.2 FACULTY OF ARTS
- 3.3 FACULTY OF LAW
- 3.4 FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- 3.5 FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- 3.6 FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- 3.7 FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- 3.8 FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- 3.9 FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- 3.10 FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- 3.11 FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- 3.12 FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE &TECHNOLOGY
- 3.13 FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- 3.14 FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- 3.15 FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 4 How to calculate UNN aggregate
- 5 UNN ADMISSION REQUIMENTS 2020/2021
Is UNN cutoff mark for 2020/2021 out?
The answer is NO! The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has not release her 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark. Thus, UNN 2020/2021 departmental cutoff mark is not yet out for now. However, it is most likely that the university will release it before the end of September 2020. I therefore enjoin you to always keep checking this page to know when the cutoff mark will be out. Trust me; it will be published here immediately the university publishes.
UNIBEN departmental cutoff marks for this academic session.
UNN JAMB cutoff mark
It is pertinent to note that UNN JAMB cutoff mark for 2020 is 180. This means that before you can apply for any course in UNN you must have at least 180 in JAMB examination. For courses like medicine, law or pharmacy, you must have at least 200 in JAMB UTME examination to be admitted into the university.
UNN DEPARTMENTAL CUTOFF MARKS FOR 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agric Economics – 227
- Agric Extension – 201
- Animal Science – 202
- Crop Science – 206
- Soil Science – 205
- Fst – 227
- Home Science – 200
- Nutrition and Dietetics – 247
FACULTY OF ARTS
- Archaeology & Tourism – 225
- English and Literary Studies – 282
- Fine and Applied Arts – 260
- Foreign Languages – 254
- History and International Studies – 259
- Linguistics and Nigerian Languages – 245
- Mass Communication – 279
- Music – 255
- Theatre and Film Studies – 254
- Combined Arts – 201
FACULTY OF LAW
- Law – 306.5
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Medicine – 311
FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- Pharmacy – 284
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Accountancy – 268
- Banking & Finance – 229
- Marketing – 207
- Business Management – 233
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
- Dentistry – 294
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Agric & Bioresources Engineering – 204
- Civil Engineering – 248
- Electrical Engineering – 242
- Electronics – 232
- Mechanic Engineering – 242
FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Biochemistry – 248
- Botany – 200
- Combined Biological Sciences – 214
- Microbiology – 243
- Zoology – 207
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- Adult Education – 200
- Education Art – 251
- Education Chemistry – 203
- Education Social Sciences – 245
- Agric Education – 205
- Business Education – 220
- Guidance & Counselling – 263
- Health Education – 206
- Home Economics Education – 229
- Industrial Technical Education – 236
- Library and Information Science – 246
- Science Education – 200
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Architecture – 226
- Estate Management – 201
- Geoinformatics & Survey – 201
- Urban and Regional Planning – 210
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE &TECHNOLOGY
- Radiography – 266
- Medical Rehabilitation – 258
- Nursing – 290
FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science – 227
- Geology – 234
- Mathematics – 200
- Physics And Astronomy – 200
- Pure And Industrial Chemistry – 206
- Statistics – 200
- Computer/Statistics – 200
FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
- Veterinary Medicine – 227
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics – 260
- Geography – 243
- Philosophy – 259
- Political Science – 275
- Psychology – 252
- Public Administration – 266
- Religion – 232
- Social Work – 213
- Sociology/Anthropology – 260
How to calculate UNN aggregate
If you don’t know how UNN aggregate score is calculated; that is, you don’t know how to calculate the aggregate of your JAMB and Post UTME score, i advise you to read the information below very carefully. I will teach you how to do that here.
- To get your UNN aggregate score, simply multiply your JAMB Score by 0.6
- Accordingly, multiply your POST-UTME Score by 0.4
- Add the results you got from your multiplying your JAMB by 0.6 and your Post UTME by 0.4
- The result you get from the step above becomes your aggregate score.
So, if for instance, you scored 256 in JAMB examination, and scored 314 in Post UTME, you will multiply 256 by 0.6 which is 153.6. Next, you will multiply 314 by 0.4 which will give you 125.6.
Now your aggregate should be 153.6 + 125.6 = 279.2.
UNN ADMISSION REQUIMENTS 2020/2021
It is pertinent to note that the University of Nigeria does not only consider cutoff marks when offering admission. For UTME candidates, below are the admission requirements for 2020/2021:
- Candidates must have attained the age of 16 when the admission is offered to them.
- Candidates must have at least 5 (five) Credits in their O’level result to be offered admission. Your O’level result can be your WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB result.
- Candidate must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination to be offered admission.
- UTME candidate must take part in UNN Post UTME screening with good score to be offered admission
- Lastly, UTME candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their courses to be offered admission.
All listed above are the various departments in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and their cut off marks respectively. You’re advised to take changer of course immediately if your score is far lower than the one mentioned above. However, if your score is not too low compared to the above, then you you still got a chance to be among the University’s supplementary list.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.