UNIABUJA Sandwich/Part-Time (2020/2021) Form: Requirements, Price and Closing Date: The Federal Government has set up the Teachers’ Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), which is charged with the responsibilities of accreditation, certification and registration of teachers throughout the country.
To this end, the Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) has already been accepted as the minimum teaching qualification for the registration of any professional teacher in Nigeria. All classroom practitioners, either in the Secondary Schools or tertiary institutions with first degrees or HND without teaching qualifications would take advantage of the Post-Graduate Diploma in Education in Nigerian Universities before they can be qualified to register as professional teachers.
Also Read: UNIABUJA Departmental Cut Off Marks
UNIABUJA Four Year Degree Programme Part-time/Sandwich
All candidates for admission into the four (4) year degree programme in the Institute of Education must possess a minimum of NCE merit pass from a recognized institution in Nigeria, in addition to a minimum of five (5) credit level passes at the O’level including Mathematics and English or its equivalent at not more than two sittings.
UNIABUJA Five Year-Degree Programme Part-Time/Sandwich
All Candidates for admission into the five (5) year degree programme in the Institute of Education must possess the following;
- NCE pass and a minimum five (5) credits level passes or its equivalent at not more than two sittings.
- Five (5) credit passes at the SSCE/O’ level at not more than two (2) sittings which must include Mathematics or English or both as required by the respective programmes, or its equivalent.
Mode of Entry into UNIABUJA Sandwich Programme
- All applications into the sandwich degree programmes shall be a direct application to the Institute of Education.
- All applications for admission shall be processed by the Institute
- Only successful; candidates shall receive letters of admission
- All state or institution sponsored candidates to the University shall also be required to purchase and complete the pre-requisite application forms and submit same directly to the Institute of Education
REGULATIONS GOVERNING COURSES LEADING TO THE AWARD OF FIRST DEGREE IN THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION SANDWICH AND PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
Two programmes of study are provided leading to the first degree in education. The institute operates the first-degree programme on part-time and long vacation basis. All first degree programmes in Education shall be indicated by a letter. All programmes shall be through a course-work system.
To the Applicants
- The information required in several sections of this form will assist the institute in evaluating your background and qualification.
- All information contained in this application is confidential and will be used only by the institute. The form should be completed in CAPITAL LETTERS and returned with photocopies of the certificate(s), Diploma and other documents in support of qualification(s) claimed by the candidate, to the Secretary Institute of Education University of Abuja.
- Use only your names as it appears on your credentials. Forms with ABBREVIATED NAMES SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- that only online applications will be accepted for admission and that accessing and completing the online application form is subject to payment of application form fee of N10000.00 via REMITA through the official portal of the University of Abuja www.ioe.uniabuja.edu.ng.
- On no account should an applicant pay cash to any individual on behalf of the University or generate RRR and pay cash to any bank on behalf of the University. No student or applicant should directly visit REMITA PORTAL for any payment into the University of Abuja Account except through the official portal of the University mention above.
- All payments must be e-payment via REMITA through the official portal of the University of Abuja as mention above.
- The university will not be responsible for any wrong payment that does not comply with our guidelines. This is to safe guard the University funds and protects students and applicants from cyber criminals.
- Insist on using your mobile phone number during e-payment in order to get response direct from REMITA at the end of any successful transaction
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.