The TOEFL is written in different cities and states in Nigeria.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), is an assessment of one’s ability to use and comprehend the English language in a scholastic setting. The test is outlined and regulated by Educational Testing Service (ETS) and was created to assess the English dialect capability for non-local speakers wishing to learn at U.S. colleges. It has turned into a confirmation requirement for non-local English speakers at numerous English-speaking schools. Furthermore, institutional parastatals, for example, government offices, permitting bodies, organizations, or grant projects may require this test. A TOEFL score is legitimate for a long time and after that will never again be authoritatively announced.
Cities that is eligible for TOEFEL iBT test in Nigeria
- Port Harcourt
All test centers offer equal conditions for fair TOEFL examination and the same cost for the test. The cost of TOEFL exam in Nigeria was $180 in 2017.
Note– there are two types of TOEFL testing. All test centers offer the online version of the exam, except Aba, where you can only take TOEFL paper-based test.
The closest date of the TOEFL test is the
16th of September, 2017 in Jos city. The latest date that is open for registration is the 24th of February, 2018 in Port Harcourt city. Asaba and Lagos offer the most dates to pass the TOEFL test, while Aba and Jos do not have a lot of dates available. Keep in mind that there are no available dates for registration in Benin city yet.
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- Be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable and documents cannot be presented on a mobile phone or any other electronic device.
- Be a government-issued national/state/province identity card that is issued and recognized by the country where you are a citizen or resident.
- Be valid; expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable.
- Include your full name exactly matching the name on the ID document used to register, excluding accents or diacritical marks.
- Include a recent, recognizable photograph.
- Include your signature (the name on the ID and the signature name must match).
NOTE – If you are age 15 or younger when you take the test, you must be accompanied by a parent or other authorized adult age 18 or older, who will be required to complete and sign a release form at the test center. That person must stay at the test center throughout the entire testing session, or your scores may be invalidated and your test fee will not be refunded.
Both you and the parent or authorized person must present valid, acceptable ID or you will not be able to take the test. If you are unable to meet the ID requirements, contact the Office of Testing Integrity at TSReturns@ets.org before you register for the test.
Nigeria Acceptable Primary ID Documents.
You must present a valid passport with your name, photograph and signature as your primary ID. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Unacceptable TOEFEL ID documents.
The following documents are not acceptable as primary or supplemental ID under any circumstances:
- Any document that is photocopied or expired
- Any document presented on a mobile phone or any other electronic device
- Any document that is not recognized by a government agency
- Any document that does not exactly match the name you used when you registered
- International driver’s license
- Draft classification card
- International student ID
- Credit/debit card of any kind
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Employee ID card
- Any temporary ID card
- Diplomatic, consulate or embassy ID card
N/B: If your ID document is not written in English-language letters and the test center supervisor cannot read it, you may not be able to test and your test fee will not be refunded.
How to Register Online.
- Register 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure the name you use when you register exactly matches the identification you will bring on test day. See Identification Requirements. You are required to enter at least 1 form of identification before you can register for a test date.
- Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use a PayPal® account or an electronic check (e-check if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories. Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
N/B: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard and e-checks are not accepted for the following locations: Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo. Only VISA cards are accepted for those locations.
- Registration closes 7 days before your test date.
- Late registration closes 4 days before your test date and has a late fee of US$40.
- Need help registering online?
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.