First Technical University (Tech-U) Ibadan Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session.
First Technical University (Tech-U) Ibadan is currently selling the application forms for admission into its pre-degree programs for the 2020/2021 academic session. See the courses, requirements, and how to apply for the Tech-U Ibadan Pre-Degree Admission Form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the First Technical University (Tech-U), Ibadan, pre-degree programs for the 2020/2021 academic session.
- 1 Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Mode of Study
- 2 Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Structure
- 3 Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Options and Subject Combinations
- 4 Prospect for Admission into Tech-U Ibadan Degree Programmes
- 5 How to Apply for Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Admission Form
Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Objectives
The objectives of the Pre-degree Programme are to:
- Source superior students for the degree programs at the university and curb the high dropout rate from the university;
- Improving analytical and independent learning skills and encouraging students’ academic growth as well as oral and writing skills
- Ensuring adequate training of qualifying graduates of secondary school for university work
Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Mode of Study
The mode of Study for the First Technical University Pre-degree programme is HYBRID (Combination of Face to Face and Online Learning)
- Face to Face Learning – at the First Technical University Pre-degree floor 2, Distance Learning Centre, Ajoda Campus, Ibadan
- Online learning – Tech-U Pre-degree Online Learning Platform
Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Structure
The programme runs for two contact periods both within nine calendar months. The end of the programme precedes the beginning of the university academic session. The curriculum is structured into two contact periods each of 18 weeks with five contact hours per week for English and three contact hours per week for other subjects. There will be a three-week break between the first and second contact periods and two weeks of revision and examination at the end of each contact period.
- 6-week teaching
- 2-week mid-contact test
- 5 weeks for more teaching
- 2 weeks for revision and examination
- 3-week break before the second contact.
Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Programme Options and Subject Combinations
Students will be admitted into the Pre-degree Programme under the following broad options and subject combinations:
|Biological Sciences||Biology/Chemistry/Physics (BCP)|
|Physical Sciences||Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics (CMP)|
|Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics (GMP)|
**English is COMPULSORY for all students.
The above subject combinations will cover admission into all courses in all the Faculties/ Departments in the First Technical University
Prospect for Admission into Tech-U Ibadan Degree Programmes
An overall score of 60% and above in the examinations and continuous assessment (comprising regular tests, assignments and the end of contact period examinations) will be required to qualify candidates for consideration admission into Year 1 of the relevant undergraduate programmes of the University. Admission will be based strictly on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various Faculties/Departments.
The various degree programmes under each option will be listed as follows:
FACULTY OF APPLIED AND NATURAL SCIENCES
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security Science
- Physics with Electronics
- Software Engineering
- Forensic Science
- Food Science and Technology
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
FACULTY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Nursing Science
- Public Health
How to Apply for Tech-U Ibadan Pre-degree Admission Form
- Kindly visit https://dlc.tech-u.edu.ng/
- Click on the Pre-Degree Programme
- Click on Apply Now Button
- Fill in all required details on the Application Form
- Pay the Application Fee of N15,330 Naira only
- Fill and Submit the APPLICATION FORM
Regularly check your email for your admission status after successful submission.
#350,000 + #2,000(Transaction Fee)
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.