Professional Courses in Nigeria – There are lots of courses in Nigeria that are more applicable and direct to a job. In the country Nigeria, professional courses certificates are highly recognized thereby boosting your chances of landing you in any job you seek for.
Also, professional courses can boost your Curricula Vitae (CV) and boost your status the society. For fresh graduates who have little or no working experience as required by most firms, professional courses can help make up for it. Here is a list of various professional courses for you to study in Nigeria:
- 1 1. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
- 2 2. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
- 3 3. Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
- 4 4. Center for Law and Business Certification
- 5 5. Business Education Exams Council Certification
- 6 6. Association of National Accountant of Nigeria Certification (ANAN)
- 7 7. Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers
- 8 8. Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria Certification (CIBNG)
- 9 9. Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria Certification (CTIN)
- 10 10. Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
- 11 11. Chartered Institute of Bankers
- 12 12. Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification (AGPMPN)
- 13 13. Oil and Gas Trained Services Limited
- 14 14. Financial Risk Management
- 15 15. Health Safety Environment
- 16 16. Project Management Professionals (PMP)
- 17 17. Institute of Management Technology Certification
- 18 18. Human Resources Management Certification (HR)
- 19 19. West African College of Physicians Certification
- 20 20. Certified Cost Engineering Consultants
- 21 Related Posts
1. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM)
The Chartered Institute of personnel management of Nigeria is an institution established in 1968. Initially called Association for Practitioner personnel management when newly established later renamed as Chartered institute of personnel management (CIPM).
This association gives out certificates to people who have successfully enrolled in their professional personnel management training programs thereby adding value to already certified and intending personnel managers.
2. Chartered Institute of Marketing of Nigeria Certification (CIM)
This is a professional marketing body for marketers and practitioners in related fields such as marketing and mass communication experts, general managers, chief executive officers, sales and marketing directors, customer service managers, relationship directors, media planners, channel developers, creative directors, value builders, and brand builders, etc.
Have an added advantage in your field by getting certified by this professional body, you can also acquire this professional certificate irrespective of your field as soon as you have the minimum requirement.
3. Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria Certification (CPIN)
The certified pension institute of Nigeria is a National institute that is responsible for training and retraining of professionals of pensions here in Nigeria.
The primary idea which this institution was founded was to bring together professional benefit administrators and every other interested body to encourage dialogue, cooperation and educational opportunities.
You stand a good chance of gaining practical experience of exactly the things you will face out there. No matter your field you can enroll in their certification program and get certified by this body thereby boosting your CV.
4. Center for Law and Business Certification
The center for law and business certification prepares people to become business managers, business layers, and business leaders.
Before one is issued this certificate, he/she must have gone through the short term certification program which demonstrates that the person has achieved practical experience in a business context, business law competency, and a mastery of business thinking.
5. Business Education Exams Council Certification
Certification by this body will not only speed up your employment but also your promotion. Firm owners prefer employing people with this certification.
Private business owners too can also participate in their training which will lead them to gain more experience in the business.
6. Association of National Accountant of Nigeria Certification (ANAN)
This is a chartered professional accountant body in Nigeria empowered by law to teach as well as examining all its students.
Every accountant and intending accountant should participate in this as it boosts your employability chances, increase your promotion chances.
All HND and BSc graduates are eligible to participate in this certification program. Takes usually about three years before one completes this very training.
7. Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers
This institution was formed way back in 1969 by some qualified general practice chartered surveyors who were trained in the UK.
In 1975 the institution gained government recognition and ever since they have been training and certifying numbers of surveyors and valuers.
As a graduate you can participate in their short term program and get certified thereby increasing your employment chances.
8. Chartered Institute of Bankers in Nigeria Certification (CIBNG)
This organization was formed back in 1963, thirteen years after being successfully run as a local center, in 1976 the institution was then registered as the institute of bankers.
They are responsible for certifying their participation in various programs with the CIBNG certificate.
9. Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria Certification (CTIN)
This is another certificate awarding body. Formed in 1982, the chartered institute of taxation of Nigeria was initially called the Association of Tax Administrators and Practitioners.
Taxation practitioners can add more values to their certificates by acquiring the CTIN certification.
10. Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ICAN)
One can become a professional accountant by liaising with the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria ICAN. Many financial Institutions prefers employing applicant with ICAN certificate than those with just BSc or HND.
So, as a graduate, you can be certified by this body after participating in their short term course.
11. Chartered Institute of Bankers
Another professional body for bankers. Generally preferred by employers to the holder of just B.Sc owing to the fact that the holders of this certificate are better trained. So, you may choose to yourself some favor by participating and getting certified by this body.
12. Association of General and Private Medical Practitioners of Nigeria Certification (AGPMPN)
This is an umbrella organization for all Medical practitioners. Formed back in 1921, the association of general and private medical practitioners of Nigeria including dental and all medical doctors either as owners or employees.
You can move a step further in your medical profession by acquiring the AGPMPN certificate.
13. Oil and Gas Trained Services Limited
This is an indigenous oil and gas institution that offers quality training to people intending to go into this sector. You can get quality training and be certified by this body by participating in their training programs thereby giving yourself more employment opportunities.
14. Financial Risk Management
Are you a graduate of any financially related courses or planning to go work with any financial institution? Well, you can do yourself some favor by acquiring this certificate thereby boosting your CV and increasing your chances of being employed.
15. Health Safety Environment
The safety they say is number one before anything. Mostly recommended for engineering and environmental graduates and undergraduates, there is no firm now in the world that does not require a safety certificate.
So why not take this professional course now and demarcate yourself from others in your field.
16. Project Management Professionals (PMP)
This is another professional course that can be taken by anyone irrespective of your field of endeavor. Get trained by the professionals in this field and be certified as a project management professional. It usually takes up to six months or more before one can get this by an accredited institution.
17. Institute of Management Technology Certification
This institution award certificate in management to qualified persons, mostly graduates who participate in their short term management courses.
It does not really matter your field, as soon as you have the minimum requirement to go for this. ND, HND, and B.Sc are all qualified to participate in any of their management courses thereby increasing your employment chances.
18. Human Resources Management Certification (HR)
The human resources management course is specially designed to give the participant a core knowledge of the requirement for effective practice.
What you will be trained on include things that are related to real life. Very necessary to acquire this as a Graduate or SSCE holder.
19. West African College of Physicians Certification
Established in 1976 the body has gone on to train highly qualified physicians by engaging them in inadequate training. Individuals who seek to have their certification can also take part in their short term training programs, be it graduate or undergraduate.
20. Certified Cost Engineering Consultants
This is an organization that is serving the profession around the world. The AACE certification is a great mark of distinction in the cost engineering field.
People with HND & B.Sc can take this advantage and boost their CV by partaking in their short training courses and get certified thereby making them have an edge over people with the same qualification.
From this list, you can identify the different professional courses in Nigeria. As a Nigerian, knowing the professional courses available in the country can help you know the best course to go for before you begin your admission process.