OAU change of course form for the 2020/2021 academic session is now out. Students that didn’t score upto the cut off mark for their course of choice can now change their courses so they can stand a chance of gaining admission in Obafemi Awolowo University.
Requirements And Important Guidelines On How To Apply For A Change Of Course
- Students applying for Change of Course/Degree Programme will fill and complete the online form on the change of course application page through this link.
- Students applying for Change of Course shall be required to satisfy the minimum and special entry requirement for the Course/Programme to which they are seeking transfer. For the avoidance of doubt, no student will be allowed to transfer to a programme for which his initial qualifications are inadequate.
- Students applying for Change of Course are required to attach to their applications photocopies of up-to-date sessional examination result. In cases where the sessional result is not immediately out, such applicant should arrange to submit it later to the Admissions Office once the result is available. However, processing of Change of Course applications is subject to production of the original up-to-date semester examination results as well as photo. Copies of WASC, GCE ‘O’ ‘A’ Levels Certificate which applicants presented on their first admission to the University.
- Applicants will complete Section A of the Form and get the Guidance Counsellor to complete section B (available on Print 2) before returning it to the Admissions Office along with a photocopy of payment receipt from the Cash Office.
- All students being sponsored for particular courses by Agencies/Organizations must forward letters from their Sponsors granting them permission to change their courses. Such authorizing letters should be returned with the completed application forms before the closing date. Otherwise, their applications will not be processed.
- Ed. (Physical Education) degree Students Are Not Allowedto change their course of study.
- If it is discovered at any time that any false or misleading information has been given on this application or in connection with this application, the applicant will be disqualified and he/she may be required to face the University’s Disciplinary Committee.
Tips About OAU Change Of Course Form
- Application for change of course in OAU is attended to on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You need to meet the minimum of 50/100 aggregate score before you can apply for the Post UTME exercise
- Competitive courses like Medicine, Pharmacy, Law e.t.c may not be made available as the space for these departments will be filled up already.
- If you apply for Medicine initially and change to Chemistry, it is not a guarantee of being given Chemistry. However, your chances of gaining admission increases with how fast you apply and how high you aggregate score is.
- You may be given another course without applying for change of course. However, this is not always so.
How to do OAU Change of Course
As at the time of publishing this post, the management of OAU is yet to make an official publication about the Change of Course Form for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Subsequently, we will update you here when OAU Change of Course form for 2020/2021 session is released.
You are advised to bookmark this page and keep visiting everyday to get the latest update as soon as it it released.
The best thing is to actually drop a comment below so that you can be first to receive news updates regarding this.