JAMB Syllabus for Government downloadable in PDF: See the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Syllabus for Government for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
We at FlashSchoolGist are pleased to present the 2020 Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Government Syllabus for UTME candidates. This JAMB syllabus for Government will assist concerned candidates prepare adequately for the upcoming examination.
We can assure that if you are able to read, understand and digest the topics below, then you will score at least 90/100 in Government. This is achievable but you must prepare. Not just read anything, read the topics that matters. Preparing with the the adequate materials/books. Yes prepare with the JAMB syllabus for Government.
JAMB Syllabus is a place where JAMB lists out all the topics, sub-topics and textbooks candidates needs for the preparation of a particular subject.
Aside scoring above 90/100 in JAMB when you prepare with the JAMB syllabus, most universities, polytechnics and College of Education uses this syllabus in setting their post utme questions. This implies that since you will score above 90 in JAMB, then you will definitely score above 90% in your post utme, hence, you will get admission.
What you need do now is don’t procrastinate, pick your textbook now and start reading the topics and sub-topic.
JAMB Syllabus for Government
In this JAMB/UTME syllabus for Government, there are four broad topics and thirty-one (31) sub-topics. Below are the detailed topics and sub-topics of the JAMB syllabus The topic starts with Elements of Government and ends with international organizations.
Now lets start list out the topics and sub-topics
1. ELEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT
This is the first topic in government and it has fifteen sub-topics which include;
- ARMS OF GOVERNMENT
- BASIC CONCEPTS IN GOVERNMENT
- FORMS OF GOVERNMENT
- POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES
- POLITICAL PARTIES AND PARTY SYSTEMS
- PRESSURE GROUPS
- PRINCIPLES OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT
- PROCESSES OF LEGISLATION
- PUBLIC OPINION
- STRUCTURES OF GOVERNANCE
- SYSTEMS OF GOVERNANCE
- THE CIVIL SERVICE
- THE ELECTORAL PROCESS
2. POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
The second topic is political development and it has twelve sub-topics which includes;
- CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
- IMPERIALIST PENETRATION
- INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT IN THE POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- POLITICAL PARTIES AND PARTY POLITICS IN POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA
- POST-INDEPENDENCE CONSTITUTIONS
- PRE-COLONIAL POLITIES
- PROCESS OF DECOLONIZATION
- PUBLIC COMMISSIONS ESTABLISHED BY THE 1979 AND SUBSEQUENT CONSTITUTIONS
- PUBLIC CORPORATIONS AND PARASTATALS
- THE MILITARY IN NIGERIAN POLITICS
- THE STRUCTURE AND WORKINGS OF NIGERIAN FEDERALISM
3. FOREIGN POLICY AND NIGERIA’S RELATIONS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY
This is the third topic and it has four sub-topic which includes;
- FOREIGN POLICY
- NIGERIA IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- RELATIONS WITH AFRICAN COUNTRIES
4. INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
This is the final topic and it has no sub-topic. Just read up the entire topic.
That’s all the topics and sub-topics you need to read if you want to score 90+ in Government. It is no joke, it’s possible just believe. Prepare hard and pray. Please don’t forget to play a little.
UTME/JAMB Approved Textbooks for Government
- Essentials of Government for West Africa , by Adigwe, F
- Elements of Politics , by Anifowose, R and Enemuo, F. C.
- The Substance of Politics , by Appadorai, A.
- Modern Politics and Government , by Ball, A. R.
- Government for the Certificate Year, by Ofoegbu, R.
- New Topics on Ordinary Level Government, by Olawale, J. B.
- Government for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1, 2 and 3 by Oyediran, O. Nwosu, H., Takaya, B., Anifowoshe, R., Femi, B., Godwill, O. and Adigun, A.
- Round-Up Government for Senior Secondary School Certifcate Examination: A Complete Guide , by Oyeneye, I., Onyenwenu, M. and Olusunde, B. E.
- Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Government, by Oyovbaire, S., Ogunna, A. E. C., Amucheazi, E. C., Coker, H. O. and Oshuntuyi, O.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.