Updated list of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session: All i will be telling you on this page will be about the List of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session and the top 7 secrets to easily gain admission in UNILAG.
This post on the list of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session is a very interesting one that you need to follow very attentively so as to benefit greatly from it.
Before I give you the list of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session, let me surprise you with this TOP 7 SECRETS of Gaining admission into UNILAG without stress.
- 1 Faculties In UNILAG (University Of Lagos)
- 2 Courses Offered In UNILAG (University Of Lagos)
- 2.1 Faculty Of Arts
- 2.2 Faculty Of Education
- 2.3 Faculty Of Social Sciences
- 2.4 Faculty Of Law
- 2.5 Faculty Of Science
- 2.6 Faculty of Engineering
- 2.7 Faculty of Management Sciences
- 2.8 Faculty Of Medicine
- 2.9 Faculty Of Agriculture
- 2.10 Faculty Of Communication
- 2.11 Faculty Of Transport
- 2.12 University Of Lagos, UNILAG Admission Requirements
- 2.13 1. Score High in JAMB:
- 2.14 2. What if you are to write POST-UTME Exam?
- 2.15 3. Know the Course you are Applying for:
- 2.16 4. Think About the Favour:
- 2.17 5. How Good is Your O level?
- 2.18 6. Which School are you chosing?
- 2.19 7. You Need GOD More than Ever:
- 3 List of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Faculties In UNILAG (University Of Lagos)
- Faculty Of Arts
- Faculty Of Education
- Faculty Of Social Science
- Faculty Of Law
- Faculty Of Science
- Faculty Of Engineering
- Faculty Of Management Science
- Faculty Of Medicine
- Faculty Of Agriculture
- Faculty Of Communication’
- Faculty Of Transport
Courses Offered In UNILAG (University Of Lagos)
Faculty Of Arts
- Department of Arabic
- Department of English
- Department of Christian Studies
- Department of French
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of History & International Studies
- Department of Music
- Department of Theatre Arts
- Department of Portuguese / English
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Yoruba
Faculty Of Education
- Department of Arabic Education
- Department of Christian Stu dies Education
- Department of Islamic Studies Education
- Department of English Education
- Department of French Education
- Department of History Education
- Department of Yoruba Education
- Department of Biology Education
- Department of Chemistry Education
- Department of Mathematics Education
- Department of Physics Education
- Department of Physical & Health Education
- Department of Health Education
- Department of Computer Science Education
- Department of Educational Technology
- Department of Business Education
- Department of Accounting Education
- Department of Educational Management
- Department of Geography Education
- Department of Economics Education
- Department of Political Science Education
Faculty Of Social Sciences
- Department of Geography & Planning
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
Faculty Of Law
- Department of Law
Faculty Of Science
- Department of Fishery Sciences
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Fisheries
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics And Statistics
Faculty of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic And Computer Engineering
- Chemical And Polymer Engineering
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Banking & Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Management Technology
- Department of Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Department of Insurance
Faculty Of Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Nursing
Faculty Of Agriculture
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Animal Science
Faculty Of Communication
- Department of Mass Communication
Faculty Of Transport
- Department of Transport
University Of Lagos, UNILAG Admission Requirements
If anyone wish to study any reliable course in University of Lagos (UNILAG), Such candidate must met the School admission requirements which are listed below:
1. Score High in JAMB:
A good JAMB score is not 200 or 211. A good JAMB score begins from 240 and above. Getting a good JAMB score allows you to gain admission easily in Nigeria.
Whether your course is not competitive or not, this score can secure you a place in any admission list, preferably the first batch. Scoring above 250 is like putting your name down in the book of life (first batch admission list) and doing so ensures you get admission faster.
Just because you passed the cut-off mark threshold of 200 and write POST-UTME doesn’t mean your admission is secured. That is why you need to prepare for JAMB very well.
” From stats, it was discovered that about 1,503,889 candidates registered for JAMB Exam In the 2012/2013 academic session. but out of this, it was only 500,000 of these 1.5 million candidates that were opportune to gain admission.
So If you want to gain admission, you will have to step out of your comfort zone. Read more, study more past questions. Just a little time for Whatsapp and Facebook.
You are currently laying the foundation of your life. So the choices you make today, build your tomorrow.
2. What if you are to write POST-UTME Exam?
This is the 2nd key point to me noted when seeking to gain admission.
From my own story and experience, I wrote JAMB twice but the POST-UTME once. University aspirants believe they will pass the POST-UTME since they passed JAMB.
This is a MYTH that should be dealt with. Don’t relent whether you passed your JAMB excellently or not. This is one of the reasons why candidates don’t gain admission with scores above 250 in JAMB.
Gaining admission is more than just scoring 200 in JAMB, your JAMB score tells the university that you’re ready to be an undergraduate. Then your POST-UTME secures a space for you.
POST-UTME is made up of what is called an aptitude test as in vocational aptitude test but instead of vocation, it deals with the required subjects. While JAMB tests your knowledge on what you learned throughout your secondary school days.
If you want that admission, you would need to score far above average in both JAMB and POST-UTME. The perfect score combination to study law in UNILAG would be 263 and 71%. Scream, if you like it’s possible. Put in extra effort and you’ll get superb results.
3. Know the Course you are Applying for:
This is a good strategy if you are looking for quick admission. Candidates likely get admitted to the less competitive course than prominent and competitive courses.
From my Story and Experience, I had a friend, she always registers accountancy as her choice course at the University of Lagos. She wrote JAMB for 3 years and always scores above 230 but not admission.
Then on her fourth run, she chose Banking and Finance, scored 221 and was admitted. That is the meaning of Competition.
A lot of students, parents, and aspirants are so fascinated when they hear courses like Law, Medicine & Surgery, Accounting, Pharmacy, Mass Communication, Engineering, and Accountancy.
But little do they know about the competition level of these courses. Every year over 47,350 aspirants write POST-UTME exams for Medicine and Surgery in UNILAG but less than 500(usually 250 to 400) are admitted.
Just like I said earlier, more than 2 million candidates will sit for POST-UTME in a particular institution but only 5% will get admitted to study in that institution. Less competitive courses in UNILAG includes:
- Political science.
- Veterinary medicine.
- Health Science
- English Language.
Competitive courses like Medicine, Law, Pharmacy, Accounting, Mechanical engineering, etc. are very competitive and thousands of aspirants apply for these courses yearly.
Just see the number of applicants that applied for each of the courses listed below as at 2019:
- Med. & Surgery – 116,037
- Accounting – 101,877
- Economics – 98,967
- Law – 87,385
- Business Admin – 82,551
- Mass Comm. – 69,836
- Political Sci. – 69,047
- Computer Sci. – 67,996
- Microbiology – 47,097
- Biochemistry – 37,318
- Nursing – N/A
- Pharmacy – N/A
- Mechanical – 32,493
- Civil Engineering – 32,223
So, if you are choosing any of the stated courses, you should be ready to burn your midnight candle and score very high.
4. Think About the Favour:
Forget about the quota system when it comes to giving admission in top Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria, it a rule that is not adhered to. UNN admit more Igbos than Yorubas. UI admits more Yorubas than Hausas and Igbos. ABU admits more indigenous Muslims than Hausa Christians.
Applying to your home university gives you the advantage over others. But note that you still need a good JAMB score to achieve this.
5. How Good is Your O level?
Maybe you are asking yourself “if I should study this course, will my future be bright, will I get a good job? and so on”.
But I have one simple question for you.
What would be left of your life if you repeat your JAMB exams 4 to 5 times? And 5 years to your current age and scale your outcome. Take a second to think about that.
Federal Universities like UNN, UI, OAU, UNIBEN, UNILAG do not accept two sittings. If you want to double your admission chances you have to clear your SSCE, WAEC, GCE and NECO exams.
Nigerian Universities require a minimum of 5 credits in your result including English Language and Mathematics but the era of C’s is over. Too much C’s in your result may reduce your chances of gaining admitted.
A’s and B’s ought to be your target and straight A’s is your best bet if you want to gain admission faster.
6. Which School are you chosing?
You can use JAMB statistics for the year and check the odds of you getting admission faster. Federal Universities like UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNIBEN, UNILORIN, etc. are very strict when it comes to admission.
In the past year, below are the number of applicants that applied for each of the schools listed below:
- UNILAG – 84,326
- NAU – 82,384
- UNIBEN – 80,216
- UNN – 79,842
- UNILORIN – 78,265
- OAU – 65,653
- ABU – 60,691
- UNIPORT – 48,850
- UNIUYO – 45,851
- EVANS – 43,503
You see how much candidates you will be competing with? Just go for a less competitive school if you know you can perform well to meet the JAMB score requirement of a prominent school.
7. You Need GOD More than Ever:
Last but not least, do not underestimate the power of your God. No matter your religion, your faith and confidence count as key attributes of success including university admission. Believe in the God you serve and you will find rest, your admission will surely come.
I guess you have known the secrets of gaining admission into UNILAG now. So its time to share the List of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session with you.
List of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Below are the list of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session and their respective Faculties.
Faculty of Business Administration
- Actuarial Science and Insurance
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Management
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Arts And Humanities
- Creative Arts
- European Languages
- Linguistics, African and Asian Studies
- History And Strategic Studies
- Linguistics With Igbo And Yoruba
Faculty of Dental Sciences
- Child Dental Health
- Oral Pathology / Biology
- Oral Maxilofacial Sugery
- Preventive Dentistry
- Original Dentistry
Also Check out The complete UNILAG Admission requirements here
Faculty of Education
- Adult Education
- Arts and Social Science Education
- Education Administration
- Educational Foundations
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Science Tech. Education
- Business Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Home Economics And Education
- Technical Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Yoruba
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Igbo
- Education and Integrated Science
Faculty of Engineering / Technology / Environmental
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying And Geo informatics
- Systems Engineering
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical And Materials Engineering
- Petroleum And Gas Engineering
Faculty of Law / Legal Studies
- Private and Property Law
- Jurispudence and International Law
- Commercial and Industrial Law
- Public Law
College : Medicine / Pharmacy / Health Sciences
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing / Nursing Science
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmacy
Faculty of Sciences
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Computer Science
- Marine Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
Those were the list of Courses Offered at UNILAG for 2020/2021 Academic Session and how to gain admission into UNILAG very easily.
if you love this guide, then do well to share with others and make your comment below using the comment box.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.