You’re on the right page if you seek answers to a series of questions including who gives admission between JAMB or school? If JAMB, can it give admission from two or more schools to a candidate on CAPS? etc
The Purpose of JAMB CAPS
The very reason why JAMB introduced CAPS is to prevent multiple admissions among other things. JAMB is instituted to ensure no student is offered admission into two schools while other candidates are forced to be home.
In other words, JAMB sees how admissions are being offered by every school and make sure no one is offered by two different institutions.
Ok, let’s see how the body achieves this.
Once you Accept Admission from one Institution, Other Chances are Blocked
As soon as the admission exercise begins, each applicant can monitor his or her admission progress. This can be done by regularly logging into your JAMB profile.
At a time, you will see “Admission is in progress”. Later, you see, “You have been recommended for admission” etc. I detailed these messages, their interpretations and their orders in the post referred to above – CAPS: System Through Which JAMB Will Give Admission to Aspirants. But at the very end of the admission year, you will be presented with a school that has offered you admission – if any.
- This school will be one of the schools you wrote their post UTMEs and passed or partook in their screening exercises so to say.
- A strange school (the one you didn’t choose) is not likely going to offer you admission. Only expect admissions from schools you chose and partook in their post UTME/screening exercises.
- This doesn’t mean that it’s not possible to be offered admission by a school you didn’t choose in JAMB. It’s possible. See how here.
Back to my explanation,
If your CAPS displays a school that has offered you admission, you will be given options to “Accept” or “Reject” it.
That’s where your fate is decided.
Effects of CAPS “Accept” OR “Reject”
If you accept the offer
- Immediately you accept the admission, you’re automatically a new student of that institution and you can’t reject such an offer later unless you don’t want to go to the school any longer or want to defer.
- Then, JAMB blocks any other schools from offering you admission even if you’ve partaken in their post-UTMEs/Screenings.
If you reject the offer
- First, you don’t have to reject admission offer unless you’ve partaken or will partake in other schools’ post-UTMEs/screenings. In other words, don’t reject an offer unless you believe the other school will surely (by merit) offer you admission.
- After rejecting the offer, JAMB opens you up for any other school to offer you admission. The body will inform the rejected institution that you’d declined and should replace you with another lucky student.
- Sooner, if you’re lucky, the school you hope for will also offer you admission and then you can accept the offer. For this, you will keep rechecking your CAPS status to know when you’ve been given by another school.
Can JAMB Give A Candidate Two Admissions in CAPS?
The answer is NO. JAMB will not give a candidate two admission in caps. Hence, it is either you are given a single admission or you are not admitted at all.
In Conclusion, To answer the question, only candidates who reject the admission offered to him on Jamb caps get the chance to be admitted by other schools while candidates who have already accepted the Admission offered on Jamb caps cannot and will not be considered by Other Schools.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.